Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Done and next up

Well I have managed to complete my challenge piece for the Tangled Textiles, and August 18th is reveal day.  Here's one more little peek.


You can hop over to the blog to see what everyone in the group has produced...excitement is building.

The next thing is to clear up my worktable so that I can put together the sample quilt to promote a workshop for my Guild.  I'll be using one of the Stonehenge fabrics from Northcott, called Mojave,
and several of the Shadowplay line from Maywood that compliment the colours in the Stonehenge piece.  My friend and I are going to help workshop participants practice using some of the specialty triangle rulers out on the market.  The sample will have to be ready for September 2nd.  Yikes! how time slips by.

Next weekend I'll be attending a quilting retreat and it will be an opportunity to work on it.  I just might take along a couple UFOs to complete too.  You never can tell how motivated you can get when surrounded by several sewing machines whirring away into the wee hours of the night, mountains of fabric and the laughter of other fibre manipulators.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I am waiting for your reveal....

Renate said...

I've scheduled my post for 10:30 this morning over at the Tangled Textile site

What Comes Next? said...

Can't wait too see what you've produced - I'll have to log in at 10:30m and check it out!
Have oodles of fun at the retreat, and good luck getting the sample done!