Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Been Busy

This year my time seems to be taken up with challenges.  I've been busy doing some doodling for the Sketchbook Challenge.  Thought I'd give it a try to see if it truly does provide inspiration for my quilting.  You saw some of my initial attempts here.  Here is another one.

I've been busy working on a round robin from my Guild.  I would show you a picture of the applique round I was working on, but Janet might be peeking in so I'll just show you her original block,

and some of the pieces that I used in my round.


Now I'm going to get ready to practice some more FMQ so that I can finish up some of the tops that I have hanging around in my UFO pile.  Why don't you check out the 2012 FMQ Challenge tutorials on SewCalGal's site.  January's tutorial was by Frances Moore. February's guest tutor is Diane Gaudinsky.



4 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

yup! Better be careful, I just might come snooping around! Interesting shapes you've used - I can't wait to see what you've done with them.
Good for you for doodling - as much as I try, and just can't seem to get the hang of it.

Vicki Miller said...

Doodling is such good practice for FMQ isn't it? I love Janet's block and can't wait to see yours when it is done

Gina said...

Fun doodle! I'm beginning to get hooked too. I should be doing the FMQ challenge as I could certainly use the practice.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful projects! I want to do some Zentangles too, they are so neat!
Quilting by the River