Thursday, March 1, 2012

A small neighbourhood

I’ve been working on a piece for a lady who likes houses.   When selecting the pattern that she wanted she found Row Houses on Flavin Glover’s website.  Ms. Glover has a free pattern on her site inspired by Row Houses called Around the CornerSo this is what I am working on now. 


This is one of the houses and it was all done with log cabin blocks. I have completed 4 of the six or eight that I need to make an appropriate sized wall hanging. The logs are all 1" wide except for the windows, which are 1.5 inches wide.  Very small.  I have learned one thing....logs are better cut from the lengthwise grain of the fabric...less stretch....easier to keep square and accuracy is easier to maintain on these small pieces.

Till the next time...Happy quilting.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Like the 'log cabins', looks great!

Vicki Miller said...

One inch logs, oh my! it might be more accurate for you, but I don't think I would get too far. Lovely!