Tuesday, June 5, 2012

TST #14 - Grandma's Garden

A friend of my sister gave her some patches, pieces of fabric and partially completed blocks.  She had started the quilt but for some reason had not completed it.  My sister, knowing that I had developed a quilting obsession, gave the patches and pieces to me.  Some of the patches had been stitched into “Grandmother’s Flower Garden” blocks, while some of the patches were simply cut into hexagons that were most likely to make more blocks.


I decided to continue with the plan that was started and stitched several more Grandmother'r Flower Garden blocks.  As you can see I appliquéd them to a background square, added sashing and completed the top.  I hand quilted it by echo quilting around the hexagons and took it with me when I went to my Dad’s for Christmas.  While working on it there, he and his wife liked it so much I finished it and gave it to them as a gift.  However I forgot to put a label on it.  I must do that someday.

No comments: