Sunday, October 21, 2012

Thread painting is done!!!

Remember I posted here about doing some thread painting on a quilt for my Guild's show.

I was so worried about taking that initial stitch and then when I actually got started, I just couldn't stop.  Here are some more close ups of the work that I did. 
This was the flower petal and the next picture is of one of the leaves.  I was using Sulky 40 weight rayon thread and ended up using 3 different yellows on just this flower petal.
 
This is another one of part of the flower.  sorry for the blurry picture, but I still haven't figured out the proper macro setting on my camera.
So here is a full shot of one of the flowers on the quilt,
 
and here is the full shot of the quilt.  Oh ... that little purple thing hanging on the right side....Yah, uh huh it's a ribbon alright!  I couldn't believe it.
This quilt taught me a good lesson.  Don't let fear stand in the way of trying a creative technique that you haven't tried before.  To say it another way...Just become something is difficult doesn't mean you stop trying, it just means you try harder.

6 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

I am so glad you finally took that first stitch - a truly amazing piece, much deserving of its ribbon. Congratulations!

Quilt Rat said...

Congratulations! I'll bet you will thread paint again :-) it is fun, gives fabulous results and just a wee bit addictive

Jackie said...

Wow, that is all I can say, and Gorgeous!

Monika Kinner-Whalen (MySweetPrairie) said...

WOW Lovely and congratulations! : ))) You deserve it. That is beautifully done.

Monika in Saskatoon

Vicki Miller said...

Well deserved indeed. This is absolutely gorgeous. Pansies are so beautiful and you ave really done them justice

stegart said...

I am so pleased to see you rewarded for a job 'very' well done! I look forward to your future wanderings with thread painting. Fear, is a great focus in assisting us in over coming our perceived boundaries. You just need to play with the fear.