Saturday, November 9, 2013

Some new acquisitions

At my local Guild meeting there was an announcement that the LQS was closing its doors.  The lease had expired and the owner had leased the building to someone else.  Let me just say, isn't that a bit unfair? Isn't it good form to ask the current tenant if they wish to renew the lease?  But I digress.

As it turns out this means shopping at bargain basement prices.  The discounts being offered at the LQS started at 50% and went as high as 75%.  So I opened up my wallet, checked for disposable income and ended up coming home with these lovely goodies.

A Block of the Month series from Piece O' Cake Designs.  All 12 patterns were in the large plastic envelope.
 
Some wonderful reading material 
   
 
and some additional supplies for embroidery.
 


Great way to support the local economy, don't you think?

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Fabulous buys - but oh, such sadness to be losing your LQS.