Thursday, April 17, 2014

Answering a call

Last month the local gallery (Gallery Vertigo) had a fibre art exhibit.  I attended with a group from my Guild called QuArtz (QUilting ARTistZ).  It was exciting to see that two of our members had their little quilts on display, along with other fibre pieces including felted vessels, knitted scarves and various fibre sculptures.  It's a small gallery run solely by support from membership.

A week later I read in the local newspaper that the Gallery put out a call for artists to submit pieces for a juried show with the theme "The Colour of Music".  The piece could be created in any media; paper, paint, fibre, whatever.  After some hesitation and some encouragement from my friends at QuArtz, I submitted my piece A Tribute to Frank Mills.

Remember? This was the piece that I created for the Tangled Textiles group for their MUSIC theme, and posted about here and here.

Well, .... I GOT ACCEPTED!!!  I was so excited.  It's hanging in the Gallery as I write and will be on display until May 3, 2014.  If you are in the area, stop by and visit the Gallery.

4 comments:

Vicki Miller said...

Congratulations! A perfect fit!

What Comes Next? said...

how exciting! Wish I could take a trip to see it - next time!

Gina said...

Congratulations!!!! Well deserved!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, this is one of my favorite pieces from Tangled Textiles