Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Digression - A Salute to Salmon

I took a little side trip today to the Adams River.  I'd been reading and hearing about the dominant salmon run that was happening this year, and I just had to go and see what all the fuss was about.

Here is what I saw.
It was incredible to see the salmon such a bright red colour.  The ability to see them so close to the river bank was especially exciting.

I tried some video.

I waited a few minutes and pretty soon there were more.

My apologies for the poor quality; first attempts are not always successful.  It was an amazing site to see.

4 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

I've not seen the Adams River run, but I have witnessed it in other places - it is an awe inspiring thing to see!

Gina said...

I've never seen the salmon run. They are beautiful! Thanks for sharing this experience!

Vicki Miller said...

This is amazing! I live by a large creek that is a fishing mecca, but do you know, I walk along it every day and I have never seen a fish in it!

MissesStitches said...

Those salmon are an amazing color! I'd always pictures them as being lighter colored. Salmon colored!