Thursday, October 9, 2014

Sharing the process

I had been thinking about how I'm going to portray my inspiration for the current challenge from my Tangled Textiles group.  This is my inspiration:

Some twigs of cedar, birch and willow,
I like these for my spirit's pillow,
Then intertwine them, make a wreath,
adorn it with a maple leaf.
Then place the same upon a hill
and know, my spirit is here still.
-- © A.H.E.


After designing Celtic knots, it occurred to me that I could design one to use as the "wreath".  I could use different fabrics for the bias strips, or I could free motion the knot.  Here are some of the knots I'm considering.




Sorry the pictures aren't clearer, but it was difficult photographing tracing paper.  These are not quite what I'm looking for, so I'm off to design more.

Till the next time,

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination -- Jimmy Dean

No comments: