Friday, November 21, 2014

A forest of pins

I've been busy trying to complete my challenge piece for Tangled Textiles.   I had written about the process here and here and here.  I've added some embroidery and done some cedar boughs with free motion stitching.  I just need to wash away the stabilizer on the cedar boughs.
I had already done some of these, but forgot to pin the boughs down.  I ended up with a jumble of thread.  Each needle on the bough had to be pinned down.  Looks like a forest of pins, doesn't it?

Reveal day is November 24th so I still have a day or two left.  The quilting and binding still need to be done.  I'd best get going.  Stop by to see the end result.

2 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

very cool! I can imagine the mess of not pinning the cedar down first. I came across one of my original boughs, still pinned to the styrofoam from the workshop we took! Need to find a way to use it. I am so looking forward to your full reveal on the 24th Good luck getting finished up this weekend,

JB said...

I am so eager to see your finished piece!