Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Patience pays off

Back in 2013 while attending workshops at the Empty Spools Seminars in Asilomar, I had the good fortune to meet with Elly Sienkeiwicz of Baltimore Album fame.  At the time Elly was working on a reprint of her book Spoken Without a Word adding in additional information in readiness for its 35th anniversary.  We were given the opportunity to pre-purchase a copy accompanied by a signed bookplate.

It took quite a while, and at times I thought it would never arrive, but guess what?  Here it is, in all it's splendour.

 I still have to put in the bookplate, but patience paid off and I can now add this to my library.

Oh and here is another book added to my collection of applique inspirations.  I received this one from a friend of mine this past Christmas.  I guess it was to encourage me to get going on the William Morris sampler I have talked about for the past year.


Well I'm off to browse through these two gems.  Till the next time

2 comments:

Quilt Rat said...

Ooooo! Lovely publications! Enjoy the eye candy and inspirations on those pages!

Vicki Miller said...

I have the first willam morris book. They are sooo gorgeous, and I have one of her william morris kits, too, but it is in the wip pile at present until I finish a few other applique quilts! Elly's book looks really wonderful. I think I will go and have a look